UGNX will make you an engineer!

Yep, couple of edm guys at work asked me how long Iv'e been an engineer.
I said 9 weeks. lol
I'M somebody damnit! Who?...I'm not sure yet.

vinny wrote:

In time, the job does morph to that... I started as a machinist for 15+ years before transitioning to programming offline. One thinks you just write programs but... your sometimes doing the estimating, planning, designing the fixtures, selecting/ordering tools, dealing directly with the customers and outside vendors, modeling, creating the setup books, setting up spc, and even writing the programs. For that reason our shop calls us ME's. In a more structured place, I may "just program" but that is rare.
-- Bill

Becaause they are smart ass opinionated machinists, in their environment, just look around here. Its a melting pot of US/Int'l "machine heads/ engineers/ designers/ programmers/ wanna be's ?" Cant tellya how many times people asked me stupid shit. I usually make a choice before answering, & being the usual opinionated smartass toolmaker.
--
Gil=A9
Member of OSTM