Using an Outside Micrometer

Hi Everyone,

I've seen a couple of posts asking about how to use a vernier scale on a micrometer. I use to use micrometers when I was in school, so I'm familiar with them. I also remember having a hard time finding guides that did really explained how to use them well, so I came up with a guide myself. You can take a look at it at my blog

Hope it's helpful!

Reply to
jnewvista

newvista.blogspot.com/.  Hope it's helpful!

Well, that's all well and fine, but there was another blog where they had maybe a few three ring binders full of hints, and tips. Including the really stunning suggestion to use anti-seize on screws that might be hard to remove. Just try and top that for helpful!

Reply to
Half-Nutz

blog

 Hope it's helpful!

Would that be the world famous "Most CAMCentric" Blob on the net?

"Claimed" to have a number of three ring binders full of tips and tricks, only posted two tips.

Tip one was his knock off version of a Talon Grip, tip two was use anti-seize on sticking clamp screws.

Hard to believe people world wide can go years, even careers without ever having the benefit to read the blog.

brewertr

When I think about it Tom Brewer reminds me of Earl Scheib.

Both have been in the business forever and both still no clues on what real quality is.

"Riiight, "I'll tell anyone how to run their business even though I have no clues myself for twenty-nine ninety-five! Riiiiiiight!"

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Weren't you the one who suggested qualifying thread gages with a comparator overlay?

Reply to
Joe788

And Jon is just the type idiot who pays $29.95 thinking he was going to get a quality paint job.

-- Tom

brewertr

Earl Scheib died but Tom Brewer lives on!

"Riiight, "I'll tell anyone how to run their business even though I have no clues myself for twenty-nine ninety-five! Riiiiiiight!"

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Where Earl's best ideas came from;

-- Tom

brewertr

Earl Scheib died but Tom Brewer carries on his ideas of quality:

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

So what is it Jon, you get canned by Qualcomm or you forget to take your med's?

-- Tom

brewertr

How did you say you got your wife's cancer, Brewer?

It's beyond obvious you're now about as employable as Cliffy Huprich.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

I am assuming all this venom and anger of yours Jon has a source in the real world.

RottenLove unexpectedly walk in and find you and her dog/s in a compromising position?

Qualcomm terminate you?

Neighborhood watch closing in?

Get caught up in a sex offender sweep?

Over compensating with LARGE new tool boxes not having the effect at work you had hoped for?

They still calling you "ScrapMatic", "ScrapMagic" or "ScrapAholic" at work?

Off your med's again?

-- Tom

brewertr

Brewer if you wish to talk about your anger that's fine with me. What drove you over the edge? Failing in business? Not getting a government loan so you can "f" up yet again? Wishing you had a job like mine? Why not get it off your chest and give us the details on how low you really have sunk.

You want you wife to be in a compromising position with my girlfriend? She's not into other women but I wish your wife the best of luck in this endeavor. Whatever floats her and your boat.

You say you can't get hired by a quality company. From your posts I can see why, Brewer. First off you're a CADCAM idiot and you make all sorts of wild ASSumptions that show how poorly what's left of your mind reasons.

Is this what you have to resort to because your wife doesn't want anything to do with you? Can you blame her?

You say you can't afford what I can afford. That's too bad.

You say you can't afford health insurance like I have. That's too bad.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

spillover