Deltav - DC operation

Hi, I have to define a DelatV System and I am strugling with a few things. I am trying to figure out the difference between "Interlock"
"Shutdown" and "Permissive" of a DC function block. I know TDC very well. If someone could explain it to me in that (Honeywell)language I would grealty appreciate it.
Is there a priority issue between them? It looks like the interlock and shutdown perform the same function. Is that so? Is there a way to interlock the active state(s)? Is there a way to permit the change to any state? or only to the active1 state?
If anyone knows of a DeltaV realted group where I can post my questions it would be also great.
Thanks, Oren
Oren You may be able to get help at http://www.easydeltav.com/applications/index.asp Although I have had a look and there is not much there. Posting on Control.com or Eng-Tips may produce a better result. Francis

Which specific function block are you having the issue with? I am sure that you have used the books on-line, as if that would be any help.
On 6 Dec 2004 10:43:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yulevitch.com (Oren Yulevitch) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yulevitch.com (Oren Yulevitch) wrote in

The Interlock parameter when set to zero will cause the DC1 block to transfer to the passive state. The bit pattern assigned to the passive state will be outputted and the block will go into alarm. The setpoint will also be set to the passive state requiring operator intervention restart the motor.
The Shutdown parameter when set to one will do all of the above except when it is set back to zero the output will return to the original setpoint bit pattern.
The Permissive bit must be a one in order to change the setpoint from the passive state to any active state. If the DC1 block is in one of the two available active states and the permissive bit goes to zero nothing happens.