flame detector

hello I need some references about flame detectors that detect flame of burner in water tube boilers. please guide me.

Reply to
smyaghooti

I just typed "boiler flame detector" into google and got about 261000 hits. It's going to take me another few minutes to read them all. They should get you started.

Michael

Reply to
Herman Family

I can't speak to water tube boilers specifically, a lot of spark ignition systems use flame rectification to sense flame.

When a flame exists, there is ionization of the gas between the ignition rod and the burner. If you apply a positive voltage to the burner, there is a current typically of a few uA from the ignition rod to the burner. If the physically much smaller ignition rod has a positive voltage on it, most of the negative ions are drawn toward it but miss it (much like current flow past the grid or screen in a vacuum tube).

Mark Walsh Rogue Engineering Inc.

Mark Walsh