(Flux vector) Field Orientated Control of AC Induction Motors

Hi,
I have a few questions regarding flux vector drives for AC squirrel cage induction motors.
1) What is the state of the art in terms of sensorless vector control.
2) What is the state of the art for parameter identification, i.e rotor time constant etc for self tuning the drive.
I have done lots of searching for technical papers, and there are so many schemes to choose from. Of course, just about every artical claims that their's is the best or at least that it is better in some way. I really need an expert in the area to point me in the right direction.
I will be designing a flux vector drive in the not too distant future, so references of a technical nature would be greatly appreciated. I have designed DC drives and V/F PWM inverters in the past and have a good understanding of both of these schemes.
Thanks in advance
John Shadie