Fuji Micrex OPC DA Server

Does anyone have any experience with this server, FUJI_ELECTRIC.MICREX-SX.001?

Our first problem is the Item ID syntax. There seems to be a full spec:

Path.Project_name.config_name.Resource_name.global_var_ws_name.variable_name e.g: D:\OPC_SVR\K3.k3-opc.conf0.Res0.Global_variables.WM008_0002299

but also a short form:

Path.Project_name.Resource_name.variable_name e.g: D:\OPC_SVR\K3.k3-opc.Res0.WM008_0002299

The problem is that with the short form, ValidateItems in our client gives 0xc0040008 = "item id doesn't conform to the server syntax". Curiously, Matrikon and Factorysoft clients connect OK with the short form. What do they do that we don't?

OK, so we proceed with the long form, but then get all sorts of strange behaviour, including "invalid handle" errors on trying to use the group on which AddItems works, and changes to one signal appearing in others. The problem seems to occur when using the Fuji server remotely and is OK with the Factorysoft client on the same machine as the server.

Sorry that's all a bit vague, but that's where we are at the moment. I just though I'd ask whether any of this sounds familiar to anyone while we wait for support from Fuji.

Chris

Reply to
chris_doran

Thanks to anyone who has scratched their head over this. Latest information from my colleague on site is that he has found that ValidateItems requires the long form and rejects the short form, but Additems works the other way round. My client which calls both functions therefore doesn't stand a chance :-( The problem has been escalated to the Fuji server developers.

Chris

Reply to
chris_doran

To complete the saga for the benefit of anyone happening on this thread in years to come: Fuji have now provided a corrected server. The bad news is that it has a _third_ Item ID syntax and our list of several hundred signals has to be re-entered :-((

Chris

Reply to
chris_doran

You have my sympathy for the troubles, and my sincere thanks for taking the trouble to elucidate the problem so clearly for other's benefit.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins