Porblem accessing OPC server over LAN

Hello I have developed an OPC client application. In the premises of my organisation it works perfectly in any PC over LAN. I can run my client application in any PC in LAN. I have done all required DCOM settings for that. ( Gave maximum rights to all users in domain ). I did same settings at custoemr's place where I installed the application. Now when I tried to connect OPC server from remote machine then no. of OPC server available is zero.

code is this way

dim allopcservers as variant allopcservers = mserver.getopcservers(XYZ) 'where XYZ is the node name where OPC server resides.

I get allopcservers = 0

when I run the same code in my organisation then it gives me the correct result i.e. allopcservers = 3

I can't understand this problem at all. I have made DCOM configuration at my customer's place also and still I can't run my application in the remote PC in LAN. It runs perfectly in the local PC where OPC server resides. Can anyone guide me what can be the possible cause for such problems. I will appreciate your help and would really think in terms of supporting you with some amount also. But I need sound advice.

Sherebiah Tishbi

Reply to
Sherebiah Tishbi

I wonder if it is an IP address problem. Quoting a Rockwell Software Ap. note:

"These addresses cannot have IP connectivity to any host outside of the enterprise without having some sort of application layer gateways. See RFC 1918-10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255

172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255"
Reply to
Charles Erskine

Hi,

If you are sure about de DCOM configuration, then maybe the remote machines where the servers are installed are missing the OPCEnum.exe application. This application searches the registry for installed OPC servers and returns them to the client when you call GetOPCServers(). I'd check if this application is installed.

If this is not the problem, you can search in the OPC Foundation forum for some help

Regards,

Ronaldo

Reply to
Ronaldo Tomazeli Duarte