Connecting OPC server from VB Client Application

I have EMD Sample OPC server running in my PC. I wrote following code to get the list of servers.

Public mOpc As OPCServer Dim mOpcList As Variant Set mOpc = New OPCServer mOpcList = mOpc.GetOPCServers

When program reaches on the line mOpc.GetOPCServers it doesn't move any further from it and in task bar it gives [Not Responding] Status. Please describe any possible method with VB code to connect to EMD Sample OPC Server.

Sherebiah Tishbi

Reply to
Sherebiah Tishbi

Sorry, I can't help you with a specific OPC server.

First thing to check is that the server can be reached from another client running on the same node as your VB project. Such test clients are available from several server vendors for free download, such as Takebishi at

.

When this works flr sure, it's relevant to ask oneself why my own app doesn't work.

/Sven

"Sherebiah Tishbi" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
<answerto

Hello Sven

It seems that my OPCDAAUTO.DLL was corrupt. I downloaded a fresh DLL and now it works fine. Thanks for your inputs.

Sherebiah Tishbi

Reply to
Sherebiah Tishbi

UR welcome!