Useful websites on OPC (OLE for Process Control):

Here are some useful sites on OPC (OLE for Process Control):
1. Matrikon at http://www.matrikon.com/ is an excellent resource for
OPC drivers and OPC tutorials. Of particular interest are their OPC Multimedia Tutorial, OPC Demo Tutorial, and their free OPC tools such as OPC Explorer which allows you to browse for OPC Servers and OPC Items (tags) on your local and remote networked computers. TIP: At PC-PID we hate typing long addresses so we use OPC Explorer to select the OPC Nodes, OPC Servers and OPC Items and then do a File/Save. This provides an .XML text file from which we can copy (Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the Node (Remote Host), Server and Item (Tag) names into pCon's LOOPS.XLS without errors or typing. Then in LOOPS.XLS just copy and paste between cells and columns. 2. Another useful web site which has a lot of practical information from an OPC user's viewpoint is CERN at: http://itcofe.web.cern.ch/itcofe/Services/OPC/GettingStarted /. 3. The OPC Foundation is the creator of the OPC open standard specifications. It has an extensive searchable list of member's certified compliant OPC I/O servers and other products at: http://www.opcfoundation.org /. Note that pCon is guaranteed to operate only with OPC Foundation certified compliant DA 1.x or DA 2.x OPC servers. 4. Iconics at http://www.iconics.com/support/free_tools.asp have a number of free OPC tools including a networking utility Dr.DCOM to assist you with DCOM configurations of remote OPC nodes.
Warren. http://www.pc-pid.com "the PC-based PID Controller people"