Useful sites for help on PID and Temperature Controllers:

Here are some useful sites on PID and Temperature Controllers:

  1. Expertune at
    have tutorials and a great product.
  2. John Shaw at
    has an interesting site with lots of practical information and free tutorials.
  3. David W. St. Clair offers a PID Tuning booklet "CONTROLLER TUNING
101" and also free download software for PID tuning simulation at:
Dr. Charles D. H. Williams of the University of Exeter, UK, has on-line college material and an interactive simulation of a temperature control system at:
Dr. Doug Cooper of the University of Connecticut has free demo software and a book at
Dr. John Popelish on loop tuning at
Hope this is useful.

Warren

"the PC-based PID Controller people"

Reply to
warren

I am honored to be included as a source but I am less of a doctor that the scarecrow, who given an honorary doctorate of thinkology.

Reply to
John Popelish

Thinkology is an honorable profession not practiced enought these days. So I will maintain my ignorance and your status.

Warren

"the PC-based PID Controller people"

Reply to
warren

Here is a list of 33 (and growing) articles on temperature and power control for use by the man in the plant with other jobs and little time for mathematical analysis.

Arthur Holland

Reply to
Arthur Holland

As you wish.

Looking at what I wrote above, I am amazed to see that being called a doctor got me so flummoxed.

It was supposed to read, "I am honored to be included as a source, but I am less of a doctor than the scarecrow. At least he was given an honorary doctorate of thinkology."

I am more collected when discussing PID control. :-)

Reply to
John Popelish

I have examined some of these articles, and they are worthwhile reading!

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

I suspect your being "flummoxed" is a result of humility, and the "collected" is verified by the more than patient demeanor when explaining electronic concepts to the less experienced (me :o) ).