Useful sites for help on PID and Temperature Controllers:

Here are some useful sites on PID and Temperature Controllers:
1. Expertune at http://www.expertune.com/learncast.html have tutorials
and a great product. 2. John Shaw at http://www.jashaw.com/pid/ has an interesting site with lots of practical information and free tutorials. 3. David W. St. Clair offers a PID Tuning booklet "CONTROLLER TUNING 101" and also free download software for PID tuning simulation at: http://members.aol.com/pidcontrol/booklet.html 4. Dr. Charles D. H. Williams of the University of Exeter, UK, has on-line college material and an interactive simulation of a temperature control system at: http://newton.ex.ac.uk/teaching/CDHW/Feedback/index.html 5. Dr. Doug Cooper of the University of Connecticut has free demo software and a book at http://www.controlstation.com / 6. Dr. John Popelish on loop tuning at http://www.tcnj.edu/~rgraham/PID/popelish.html
Hope this is useful.
Warren http://www.pc-pid.com "the PC-based PID Controller people"
warren wrote:

I am honored to be included as a source but I am less of a doctor that the scarecrow, who given an honorary doctorate of thinkology.
--
John Popelish

Thinkology is an honorable profession not practiced enought these days. So I will maintain my ignorance and your status.
Warren http://www.pc-pid.com "the PC-based PID Controller people"
warren wrote:

As you wish.
Looking at what I wrote above, I am amazed to see that being called a doctor got me so flummoxed.
It was supposed to read, "I am honored to be included as a source, but I am less of a doctor than the scarecrow. At least he was given an honorary doctorate of thinkology."
I am more collected when discussing PID control. :-)
--
John Popelish

I suspect your being "flummoxed" is a result of humility, and the "collected" is verified by the more than patient demeanor when explaining electronic concepts to the less experienced (me :o) ).
Louis-- ********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Here is a list of 33 (and growing) articles on temperature and power control for use by the man in the plant with other jobs and little time for mathematical analysis.
http://www.eurotherm.com/training/tutorial/tutor.htm
Arthur Holland

I have examined some of these articles, and they are worthwhile reading!
Louis-- ********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond