PID controllers for 3-axis gimbal

Hi,

I am looking for a PID controller chip for motion control on a 3-axis gimbal, and would like to know whether there are any good ones available off the shelf.

The controller chip for the gimbal should be capable of performing 3-axis position and velocity control with high accuracy and fast processing speed.

I would appreciate any comments about such PID chips that might be available for sale.

-Gautam

Reply to
Gautam Jain

I know there's 1 and 2 axis chips out there -- why not just use two or three of them? Gimbal applications are enough of a corner case that you're not going to find a solution packaged in silicon for your convenience.

I'm not particularly warmed by those controller chips anyway -- if you know enough to apply them you probably know enough to use a DSP and do a better job for your particular application.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

check this out:

It might be overkill.

Peter Nachtwey

Reply to
Peter Nachtwey

May not be chips here but using Google Images and search for "gimbal" or "gimbal axis control" got a lot of hits that may be worthwhile searching.

Reply to
Allan Morrison