Useful Websites

I'm in the process of restoring a stationary engine and wondered if anyone here could recommend any useful websites that might help beginners like me with such things as magneto overhaul/ testing, lapping valves etc. TIA, Andy

Reply to
Andy H

old_engine

Hi Andy, there's a whole lot of information out there in websites, much of which I found with the aid of Google in the first throes of my engine interest. Having started relatively clueless, relatively recently, I can understand there is a lot of stuff you need to mug up on.

My advice would be get yourself a subscription to Stationary Engine Mag, and buy a copy of the Lister D Restoration book from They are running a serialised restoration of a Wolseley WD at present in SEM

This book was my best source of information for restoration when I had loads of questions. Even if you are not restoring a Lister D, it gives good info on magnetos and general restoration.

Enjoy!

Regards, Arthur G

here could recommend any useful websites

testing, lapping valves etc.

Reply to
Arthur G