Information on old L & N controller

I'm trying to get information on a Leeds and Northrup controller model EMAX V+. This controller needs to be replaced and I need to know what it's capabilities are i.e. number of control loops, number of inputs, type of i/o, etc.

Jim Overturf

Reply to
jim.overturf

I recall using a pair of them in a wetwell level control system about 1987. They were configured for proportional only, one for one pump VFD control and the other for two pump VFD control. The rest of the 61 relay, 7 timer, 16 current trip control panel was equally clunky. The Engineer literally did not want one of them newfangled PLC gadgets.

Seriously, instead of matching the capability of the old controller, figure out what capabilities are required by the process then pick a controller to match. Do you have any records of the programming in the controller? That will tell you what you really need for a replacement. Despite the physical size, I don't think the Electromax V offered more than single-loop / two-loop / cascade control with the usual current / voltage / RTD / TC inputs and current / relay outputs.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Lamond