PID Engine RPM Controller

But isn't that the problem with all integrating systems,: "Providing there are no missed steps." You need some way of re-syncing the position once in a while. Murphy's going to get you.

Walter.

Reply to
Walter Driedger

First, the driver was inherently integrating (it was actually integrating in software because we had a strict limitation on the speed that we could ramp up the cooler, so it went PDD -> limit -> integrate). Second, the loop closure was at a Hertz or two, so the differentiators were leveled off at around 5-10Hz, which really kept the noise down. And finally, it sits in a proprietary product next to a bunch of other control loops and video acquisition, all of which need to be good to

14-16 bits, so the we _really_ knew our noise reducti> Wouldn't that have serious problems with noise? Or did you have an
Reply to
Tim Wescott