Omron PLC

Hi, All,

My client uses Omron PLC C-200HS. I'd like to know what communication module (as a master)is available for this PLC to communicate using RTU protocol (remote terminal device protocol)? Thanks.

Mike Huang

Reply to
Mike

Hello Mike,

You can use ModbusRTU on th4e Omron PLC and convert the ModbusRTU to ModbusTCP, via a variety of converters. At that point you can use any Modbus Master device or Scada system as the master, as long as it support ModbusTCP (most all SCADA systems and PLCs support ModbusTCP now. If you want to use another PLC as the master that does not natively support ModbusTCP, then you have to use a converter in front of the plc to converter the modbusTCP back to native modbus...

ModbusTCP is really cool and flexible.

James

Reply to
James

Mike, I apologise for this late reply. The short answer is that there isn't one.

You could get a C200H-ASC module and configure it to talk Modbus ASCII, but you would need to upgrade to the CS1 system to get anything more sophisticated. Either way, it would not be an easy task.

I hope this helps.

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough