plc help

i want to make a plc as my engineering project...can antbody please guide me to websites where schemetic and circuit diagrams of plc can
be found sudip chatterjee
Sudip,
At what level do you wish to study PLC's? Do you want to build one, or are you satisfied to buy one and program it? Most contol weenies prefer just to configure and program them.
Michael

Isn't that what they're for?

i want to make one, a simple one though....but i would like to assemble the hardware and then configure it.
This would be a good learning project using a PIC, 8051/52 or 68HCxx uPU. You will need to Wright or copy a PLC operating system. Lots of variables to consider as to what you do.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.in (sudip) wrote in message

Check the latest edition of _Nuts and Volts_ Ther is an article about exactly that.
Pete
snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net (Pete Logghe) wrote in message

i don't have access to this magazine...plz help me with any sources from websites other than "plcs.net"...
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.in (sudip) wrote in message

http://www.nutsvolts.com/toc_Pages/TOC_Related_Info/Jan04_stamp0104code.html
Pete
I used to work in a company that developed PLCs, I did the OS for our PLCs. I don't work there any more.
I think you have muuuuuucccccchhhhhhh work to acomplish that because you need to do everything that PLC system has but with less capability.
So you have to do: 1. Hardware for PLC 2. OS for PLC 3. IDE for PC to write and compile PLC program and download it to PLC
So all of these things require much work to be done.
Mickey

For those reasons that makes the project a great challenge!
Hardware: basic stamp 2, 8 relays for both output and input isolation, maybe even an A to D chip. A thermistor or two.
Software ? Write the controller code directly in pbasic, and find out the different ways to scan the inputs, make calculations, set outputs, run timers, HMI design.
Does the student need or want to gain experience in building the device or writing higher levels of code?
What kinds of functions would the device be expected to do? Some suggestions: measuring levels of fluids in tanks, pump-up or pump-down, maintaining temperature of something (relays proportionally switching in and out a heater)
This is also a good excersize in the hardware engineering side, too. (enclosure size/cost, terminal connectors, power supply, switches and controls)
Sudip, tell us more about what you want to learn from the project?