quastion

why in 3 phases motors replacing beetween star &triangle takes 5 to7 seconds

babak wrote:

That is fast. It usually takes me about 10 minutes to rewire a three phase motor from delta to wye. Somehow, I don't think this was the intent of your question, so perhaps you should ask again with more information, and a little better framing.
Jeff
babak wrote:

Do you mean mechanically reconnecting the windings? Under what conditions do you do that?
Jerry

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:47:07 -0800, Jerry Avins wrote:

Don't some motor starters do this (WYE (delay) DELTA) to lessen startup current?
Peter Wallace
Peter Wallace wrote:

Yup, and most do it a lot quicker than 5 seconds. But when does Babak do it, and why?
Jerry