RSView ME - CLX PLC Bool -> Bit Alarm Trigger

Hi All,

I am attempting to setup some RSView ME alarms which reference BOOL points in a ConrolLogix PLC. I have tried using HMI tags and found I got an error on runtime startup.

I discovered (from some knowledgebase articles) that BIT triggers should not be HMI tags but directly reference the BOOL tag in the PLC. I tried this and the startup error went away, and most of the alarm functions work correctly. But when the alarm trigger tag in the PLC is set back to zero, the alarm will not clear the Active Alarms on Alarm Status List. If I shutdown and restart the runtime the Alarm Status for Active Alarms is clear.

I have tried setting the trigger type both as a BIT and LSBit with the same result.

I have also done some tests using HMI and Direct reference CLX SINT tags driving Bit alarm type triggers and both function as one would expect.

Is there any article available that describes how to setup a BOOL alarm trigger in RSView ME? Has anyone actually done it?

Cheers

Reply to
Alan

This sounds like it may be a bug with ME. have you contacted AB?

Reply to
Mike

Make sure you have teh latest version of this software form Rockwell as the first version is full of bugs.

Another way to get arround this is wrte soem VB code to reset the alarm.

Kim

Reply to
Kim