Sliding mode control in Simulink

Hello All,
I am simulating a sliding mode controller in Simulink. I need to use a
switch block and transport delay to simulate the switching function.
The delay block only works to make the switch work. The problem is the
output transients vary significantly by the change in this delay. I
would appreciate if somebody could suggest an optimal value for this
delay block for any system and ways to calculate it.
The SMC is designed for a switching model of power converter which runs
at a particular frequency.
Thanks in advance,
Jim
Reply to