sliding mode

dear all, can i have more information on sliding mode control. any online study material? help most welcomed kristo

Reply to
Krish

First, search the web. There is a good pdf file on sliding mode control for Nasa space stations. There is also one on sliding mode for retrentry vehicles. There is a book "Sliding Mode Control in Electromechanical Systems" by Vadim Utkin, Jurgen Guldner and Jingxin Shi.. My copy of this book had pages missing. The key chapter was using Ackermann's formula to find the coefficient for the sliding mode manifold. There is another book that I don't have by Utkin and Ackermann. That may be the best book to buy. I think the key is to know how to calculate the gains using Ackermann's formula and to know how to implement observers so that chattering can be minimized.

I also have a SMC temperaure simulation at:

simulation was meant to show there are simpler and better alternatives to using PID for temperature control. The simulation does show how sliding mode is robust, but it does not show the proper way to calculate the coefficients for calculating the coefficients for calculating s using Akermann's formula. The temperature control simulation just happens to be a special case where the coefficients for calculating s is intuitively obvious.

The simulation is of a wood burning iron. Some one was trying to control the temperature of this iron using a PID on a Allen Bradley PLC. The time constants and gains were provided by using Rockwell,s auto tuining package.

Reply to
Peter Nachtwey

thanks a lot

Reply to