Vacuum pick/place End Of Arm Tools

Hi group,
We need to pick/place 5X5X1mm chips from trays to an electrical programming socket. Chip positioning accuracy in the tray is not very
high. Where to find appropriate vacuum pick/place End Of Arm tools ? Should rubber vacuum cups or metal nozzles like in chip mounter machines be used ?
Thanks,
Dieter www.testhaus.com
Accurate pre-positioning would seem to be key. If not by a vibro-hopper, then by a dispenser that lines them in a single file. This gives excellent positioning against a stop. If the planting force requirement is not excessive, even a home-brew rotary arm with a pneumatic planter might do it.
Brian W
On 10 Nov 2004 00:58:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Dieter Tank) wrote:

I have used SMC vacuum equipment and found it reliable. Below is their USA web site. They are a Japanese company and I am sure they have representatives in Germany.
http://www.smcusa.com/sections/products/vacuum.asp
You should have a vacuum switch that inhibits movement until the cup has sealed onto the chip. This makes the pick up more reliable. When you place, you should apply a brief puff of compressed air through the cup after turning off the vacuum to make the place more reliable. SMC has all the hardware to do this.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Dieter Tank) wrote in message

snipped-for-privacy@control-tech.com (Charles Erskine) wrote in

Your local Festo dealer also has all the equipment for this.
--
Anthony

Thank you all.
I have looked at SMC, Festo, SKF et all and found cups, venturies...
But it is hard to estimate, whether a mispositioned chip on a rubber vacuum cup falls off and jams when guided into a precisor/socket guide. Rubber cup or steel nozzle ? How much tolerated mispositioning in trays ?
Dieter www.testhaus.com