Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Siemens Step 7
Hi, It =B4s possible to upload the configuration and programa of a PLC to with the Step7 program, in the case I=B4ve not the program. Alex
3
3

Zeroing load cell data
Dear Group, Please look at the Figure 1 and read the question below: y | * * * * ------ Load cell calibration data | * * | * * | *-- Pt. a * 0 |______________* --Pt. b ______ x | | Figure 1 In Figure...
22
22

SERIAL PORT: from FlexLogix to PanelView550
Hi all! I want to write and read data in a Panel View 550 from a FlexLogix (1794L33) controller. I know it can be done by sending a message in a ControlNet or Ethernet environment. But I want to do it...
2
2

PC/104,SBC any suggestions?
Hi all, I have googled a lot and found many PC/104s and SBCs, but I am not sure of what I should go for. I need something that I could fit Linux into it. Any suggestions for a good+cheap PC/104 or SBC...

Bad experiences with RTUs
Hi all, I've worked in several R&D departments and also in the field for several SCADA system manufacturers and was wondering if anyone has any bad comments and/or experiences with specific RTUs....
2
2

Reliability of Automation Direct DL06 PLC
Anyone using this PLC? Would like feedback related to the reliability of this system. We are looking at it for some simple pick & place systems.
8
8

Determining Plant Bandwidth
Hello everyone, I'll do my best to be as thorough as possible in posing my questions: My plant is a single hydraulic actuator that is controlled using a servovalve and Temposonic position feedback....
33
33

Medium / High pressure temperature sensor
I have a client that's looking for a thermocouple with IS transmitter or an RTD for a 13000 psi hydrogen application. We'd like it to fit a 3/8" autoclave medium pressure fitting. (Hope that's the...
1
1

Contract Electrical Engineer
ABCO Automation, Inc. is seeking a contract electrical engineer. The company is located in Brown Summit, NC (just outside of Greensboro). Responsibilities include electrical design, project management...

Motor control X Y Z
Hello everybody, I'm searching a method to control a beamer with motors. The idea is to mount the projector to the ceiling, and create a system so that the projector can turn around and move up/down....
3
3

Announcement - Free Version of ControlDraw3 ?
What can you do with the Free Version of ControlDraw3 ? A lot - here just a few things you can do. Draw Process Flow Diagrams with State Matrices for Unit and Equipment modules and Animate them. Draw...

Boiler furnace draft control
Can any body tell me how the furnace draft is controlled in a balance draft type furnace in a utility boiler? what are its implications on heat transfer ? what is a two speed motor used in a ID fan...

Suggestions for flexible / rugged data cable?
I am trying to source a replacement data cable for an application currently causing us problems. The application requires a multicore cable carrying signals from a trackball, volt free pushbuttons and...
3
3

implement first order hold
Could any one give a hint to use C language to implement a plant first order hold? Thanks.
1
1

Honeywell PKS configuration Manuals
Hi group, I am a controls engineer from Canada. I have been configuring various brands of DCS, PLC and SCADA including FOXBORO I/A, A-B, Yokogawa..... since last 12 years. I always dreamt to learn...
1
1