Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Addenda to Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems
If you navigate to you will find that I have started adding end-of-chapter exercises to the supplementary material for "Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems". They're a work-in-progress, so...

Call for book chapter proposal in a forthcoming book about robotic prototyping: Deadline extended to Dec. 31, 2010
Dear Robotic Researchers, We would like to cordially invite you to consider contributing your expertise in robotics to a forthcoming book edited by Drs. Tarek Sobh and Xingguo Xiong of the University...
1
1

A real control post! Transfer function conversion to time series or state model
In case there are still real control people checking this sadly degraded group... This isn't a homework question, rather I've been in the industrial control trenches too long to remember much of what...
5
5

Learning PLCs (Automation) a great engineering career move.
If you are an electrical engineer or seeking to break (pun intended) into industrial engineering, you need to learn about PLCs. Just to give you an idea of how PLCs are used to not only control all...

rf communication recommendataion
Hi all, I need RF link to communication from sea to shore covering a distance of approx. 20km. I need an RF link which does not impose much conditions on the antenna size( I can have only a 50cm...
7
7

Nyquist Stability
I've got a question on the Nyquist Stability criterion. Consider a unity negative feedback system with plant L(s) and gain K in the forward loop. A nyquist plot is to be generated for this system to...
6
6

Siemens RFID Moby D
Dear all I was reading the example understand most of it,But I can't get what are the sequence of commands needed to write or read data to and from the MDS. I have the required hardware for this...

Tire Sideslip Angle vs. Side Force
A long time ago, in a university far, far away (23 years and 2500 miles counts, right?) I learned that when you exert a side force on a pneumatic tire as it's rolling along, it slips sideways a bit,...
34
34

Requirements for employment in Nuclear Power Industry (please tell me if this question is "off topic" for this group
Ladies , and Gentlemen, I am an ISA CCST (level II) and have a question to pose to the group. Besides being a certified (for what it is worth) Instrumentation & Control Technician, what certifications...
3
3

Controllers with aggressive setpoint response
Hi, Just wondering is anyone aware of a process plant control application where the control response to *setpoint* changes has to include derivative action. Presumably it would be the inner loop of a...
3
3

Humidity Detecting Switch
I've seen $250 humidity detecting fans (Broan?). I have a timer on my bath fans, and motion detectors on my hallway lights (installed when my dad was dying), so I can't believe they can't make a wall...
23
23

Hydraulic proportional control valves...
Hi, If this is not the proper group, where should I post such a topic? I have a smail tractor mounted hydraulic crane where the control valve assembly is a bit worn. Instead of just spending a lot of...
2
2

recommendation for DAS
I am searching for a portable (low cost) data acquisition system with minimum 4 analog channels and 200 ksamples/sec. simultaneous sampling. I will be processing signals of a few hundreds of micro...

Improving drum level response in industrial boilers
Hi, I'm working on control of an existing industrial plant powerhouse, boilers and TGs, the disturbance level can be very high, and boiler trips due to drum excursions are a constant threat. We'd...
5
5

closed loop control of solenoid frequency and stroke
* Voice coil designs are rather good in those 3 regards; look at speaker voice coil positioning can be controlled by use of an arbitrary waveshape and hard drive positioning is definitely by arbitrary...
8
8