How to convert an AC welder to DC.

I'm converting an AC arc welder into a MIG, as an experiment. I have plenty of alternator diodes to convert this welder from 30VAC to 15VDC ? How many of the diodes should work or does 30VAC works fine as MIGs?

Thanks.

Reply to
Tibur Waltson

The big problem here is that stick welders are "Constant Current" and MIG required a "Constant Voltage" power supply.

"Tibur Waltson" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.bubbanews.com:

Reply to
Rob McDonald