How to convert an AC welder to DC.

I'm converting an AC arc welder into a MIG, as an experiment. I have plenty of alternator diodes to convert this welder from 30VAC to 15VDC ? How many of the diodes
should work or does 30VAC works fine as MIGs?
Thanks.
The big problem here is that stick welders are "Constant Current" and MIG required a "Constant Voltage" power supply.