Is this aluminum?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/
The wheel. You should be able to zoom in. Notice it has a chip in what otherwise looks like aluminum. Do they bake the outer surface somehow to
make it look grainy and shiny? I would think that just brushing it or polishing it would work, but I dunno.
Thanks.
I uploaded the inner side...
"chipped aluminum 2"
It's much darker. Looks and feels like plastic to me, but I've been confused about the issue before. I suppose taking a saw to it would tell, but I'd rather not.
John Doe wrote:

It's some form of plastic. The type looks to be stamped below the recycling symbol.
--
Scott

On 11/6/2014 3:35 PM, Scott M wrote:

And the surface can be done in 3-D printing or casting easily. I agree it is a form of plastic - I don't know the type. But it appears to be 100% recycled content. That is popular to reuse plastic when the part is bounced in assembly or in the field.
I'm looking into doing that in my 3-D printer setup. I'll collect scraps and then decide what and how. I have found sources for recycle and make more material from it.
Martin