Where to buy one 5/8" 16 TPI nut?

Looks like DeWalt's mud mixer drill spindle is 5/8" 16 TPI.

It measures .59 inches outer diameter and it's shaved down a bit more than most bolts. It measures precisely 16 TPI.

Need a nut for it.

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

McMaster Carr goes from 5/8" 11 TPI to 5/8" 18 TPI.

Another snag.

I wrote:

Reply to
John Doe

They are available just not common. Taps are available in that size so you could make your own nut but why not use the back end of the chuck you've already removed.

Reply to
David Billington

Bullshit...

Reply to
John Doe

David Billington

HaHaHa... you are a bigger man than me Dave. I think I'd have been tempted to say, "Yeah, you are right. You are screwed."

Reply to
Bob La Londe

On 7/20/2020 4:14 PM, David Billington wrote: > On 21/07/2020 00:06, John Doe wrote: >> Bullshit... >>

HaHaHa... you are a bigger man than me Dave. I think I'd have been tempted to say, "Yeah, you are right. You are screwed."

Maybe, but you are an Unmitigated egocentric selfish mind numb asshole who insults people into helping you by being an insulting piece of shit instead of just looking for yourself as any other member of this newsgroup except apparently you is capable of.

You are a total shit who attacks those very people who are helping them. Crawl back under your rock. Maybe it will mitigate your stench a bit for the rest of us.

Anybody else want some perspective on this git, just look at the group he is cross posting this shit too.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

If this netcop troll doesn't like it, it can stay out of it...

Reply to
John Doe

Do you even make sense to yourself?

I wasn't talking to you in the first place take your own advice. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

How did you measure it? Is there any chance its an M16 1.5?

M16 is .629 inches vs .625 for 5/8. The physical OD of am outside thread tends to be a little smaller than its nominal OD if you just slap a caliper on it.

1.5 is about 16.933 TPI. Certainly would not match if using a thread gage, but if just using a scale or ruler it could be confusing to some if they do not measure a lot of threads.

M16 1.5 is not uncommon.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

How did you measure it? Is there any chance its an M16 1.5?

M16 is .629 inches vs .625 for 5/8. The physical OD of am outside thread tends to be a little smaller than its nominal OD if you just slap a caliper on it.

1.5 is about 16.933 TPI. Certainly would not match if using a thread gage, but if just using a scale or ruler it could be confusing to some if they do not measure a lot of threads.

M16 1.5 is not uncommon.

5/8 - 16 is a standard drill chuck mounting thread.
Jim Wilkins

Thanks for the citation. Under very close inspection, it measures PERFECTLY at 16 TPI.

Given the fact a 1/2 inch drive socket drives the pedal hub, the selection of interface sizes is large and precise enough so that the spindle itself can plug into a socket, with a cotter key (I guess).

I would like to drill a hole through the socket and the spindle, but not sure I have that capability. Notching each end is probably sufficient.

Simply screwing a nut onto the drill spindle is a neat way to do it. That sticks into the working side of a 1/2" drive socket to drive the 1/2" square taper bicycle bottom bracket (on the other side). Modular and quite cool IMO, but oh well!

Reply to
John Doe