looking for 5/8" 16 TPI bolt source

The crank pulley bolt on a BMC A-series engine is 5/8" 16 TPI. I can't seem to match that to any thread series. Is it a custom truly non-standard thread, or is there a hope of finding a source for a 1.5" long bolt in that thread?

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian

Brian wrote in article ...

If the "B" in BMC stands for "British", and the machine is older, it's quite possible that you have a Whitworth bolt - a unique creature unto itself.

Bob Paulin - R.A.C.E. Racing Chassis Analysis Services

Reply to
Bob Paulin

Reply to
David Billington

I should have looked in Machinery's myself, rather than relying on a new-fangled Google search! thanks!

I am dry-sumping the engine, and need to drive a minimum 1/2" wide gilmer pulley for the oil pump in addition to the normal crank damper and water pump pulley. One design would work better if I could get a longer bolt to hold the pulleys on with. It's British Motor Company (British Leyland, etc.) and the engine is a 1071cc Formula Junior engine for a 1960's Cooper.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Reply to