5c collett 5/8 16 mm

Hello, I do have a set of 16 imperial 5C colletts, now I want to get hold of a few metric. 5/8 is 15,9 mm is it ok to use it with 16 mm and 5/16 is 7,9 mm can I use it for 8 mm or is it a bad way to save money Knut Bergen Norway

Reply to
Knut Pedersen

I don't find it an issue with R8 collets of which I also only have imperial ones. Theoretically the gripping faces won't be quite parallel but it seems to work well enough. Try it and see basically. Collet steel is very springy so you won't break anything.

Reply to
Dave Baker