questions about Tig vs. Torch

How is tig at filling gaps and building up areas ?. The projects I have in mind , I know I can do with a torch, bridging large gaps with
pieces of rod and welding over them to join parts that don't contact. Does the tig handle piece burn through metal like a torch does? . More like a stick arc welder in that regard, right?. Thanks, Dar
On Monday, November 8, 2010 11:37:52 PM UTC+11, Dar wrote:

The tig is much more controllable than a gas torch, especially if you have one of the more expensive ones with a foot pedal to control the current.In addition the rate at which you add filler rod also controls the propensity to burn throuh