220V (three wire) from a two wire generator

I have a large (10KW) non american generator that will output 110 or

220 in either 50 or 60 Hrz, but on only two wires. This has stumped me and my apprentice electrician in wiring it into the 220V (three wire) system needed to run my well pump in an emergency. Is there a transformer/ converter/ widget out there that will get me that center tap leg or should I look for another generator.
Reply to
farmer

220/220 single phase isolation transformer from Cutler Hammer or SquareD. You can center point ground the secondary winding and get your three wire service.

Search for the transformers on their websites. The data sheets will give you exact wiring diagrams.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Perry

It would be easier to retap your well pump to 120v

It really only uses 2 wires anyway but if your genset is outputting

220(240) you won't have any 120 for your other stuff.
Reply to
gfretwell