Advice on Rotating Electrical Panel

Hello, I am remodeling the kitchen in my condo and need some advice with regards to the electrical panel. Currently, it is located on an
interior wall with access from the kitchen. Seems silly to me, as it makes it difficult to use that wall for anything. What I would like to do is remove the current panel and install a larger one in the same location, but such that it is accessed from the other side of the wall, which faces the living room. Also not ideal, personally, but better than the current setup. Turning the panel this way will allow much greater design flexibility for the kitchen remodel, such as relocating appliances, adding storage, etc. I'm wondering if anyone might be able to answer some basic questions, like how difficult a job is this, how long it should take, how much might it cost (in a really rough sense), etc? And if anyone has any other advice about the project, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks!
quksilver wrote:

Contact a qualified electrician for a quote. This will essentially be a panel replacement. Unless there is some significant structural work to be done, its no big deal if the new panel goes in the wall facing the other way (assuming that location is legal per the code).
The existing branch circuits will be in the same stud cavity and can be run into the new panel easily. The biggest variable will be: If you are adding loads, the feeder might have to be increased. That means pulling new wire from the service entrance.
If you are in the middle of a remodel, you rip the wallboard off yourself (Carefully. Don't run a sawzall through the wiring.) if the condo association allows it and save the electrician some time and you some money. If he can see what he's up against, he can give you a more accurate quote.
--
Paul Hovnanian snipped-for-privacy@hovnanian.com
In article

Well, with luck, I guess you can hang a picture over it
--
Stuart Winsor

From is valid but subject to change without notice if it gets spammed.