Amperage pull of a computer?

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:16:55 -0500, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

You're an idiot. A cockroach with nowhere to run. Better hope my shoe doesn't squish you like the bug you are.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:19:06 -0500, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

More retarded, trolling, wussy boy baby bullshit from the retarded trolling wussy boy.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:54:20 -0500, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

More than *you* do.

Sure I do.

I own several full bore NVIDIA cards. I think I can read and understand specs... Oh, and I did too! I even remembered them. Imagine that.

No shit, retard boy. Largest, not most variable.

The dots go AFTER the previous sentence, not before the next kaka remark, dipshit. My shoe is searchin' for a cockroach... better run!

Reply to
DarkMatter

What value do you think the shunt is on a Fluke 8062A? And why do you think it is important for an "approximation" as the OP asks?

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:07:08 -0500, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

Snipped remainder of retarded, top-posted, pussy, wussy boy, adolescent meandering.

You are so low on the retard totem pole, they're gonna have to do deep sea explorations to find where the post was set.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 05:50:04 GMT, Charles Perrin Gave us:

Right... That power that we out here in Cali get reamed for.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Do you REALLY need dual CPU's to post this crap???

Reply to
Ross Mac

Now that sounds familiar doesn't it....Stealing my lines now? Just to get it straight....you are RoachMatter and I wear the snakeskin boots. You live in the corner and I kick the ever living crap out of you. That is your life as we all know it! Do you really know how low you are?....You are so low the Roaches are lined up for a good knob job! And that's on a good day......

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 05:58:26 GMT, Charles Perrin Gave us:

I have an app that runs in an NT CMD.exe VDM. The declaration is question is that turning it off, or running it doesn't change my CPU op temp.

It has nothing to do with apps written to determine when the user is not "using" that utilize special CPU features, and if other apps are running, an app giving a HLT instruction WON"T halt a damned thing other than its own process tree.

Again.. per process. Time slice allocations are given back by idle PROCESSES, not by OS management.

As you said. It MUST be written into the app, and all currently running apps MUST utilize it. ANY single thread that is up, not idle will kill the other app's hlt instruction. Any app that doesn't use it will negate its use as well. Or should. The BillyTards have decided to look to the HID device events to determine "activity". That is pretty lame, and very backward.

So not only does the hardware (the CPU) have to have the feature, but the OS, and apps must use it, and use it correctly. Billy didn't.

This means that the only valid app to use it should be the APM sleep mode timer. And typically IS the only app that gets to do so.

Using it between short "idle" moments is silly.

Reply to
DarkMatter

message

Hell, it's misery in California just knowing he is 400 miles away! Just keep in mind that when your head is the size of Bullwinkles head in the Macy's Day parade...it could blow out to sea.....

Reply to
Ross Mac

Would that now make him...hmmmm...FlushMatter ? Add it to a very long list!

Reply to
Ross Mac

I couldn't help this Keith....I saw FlushMatters response and thought...this guy calls everyone a retard then posts this quote... DarkMatter said "Wow. Must be a lame CPU. Mine run at 62" Now, the last time someone used that form of English I believe the IQ was somewhere around.....70????....Mine run at 62... I guess the drugs are kickin in!

Reply to
Ross Mac

You can do better than that can't you....still stealing my flame....hehehe....I guess that beats...dipshit, baby bullshit, ect, ect....and your favorite...changing the subject in mid thread...cute but not impressed....

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 06:31:46 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

Doesn't matter. The error introduced by the leads makes for an inaccuracy. One you don't seem to have a concept of yet.

It is called Ohm's law. That is not an insult, btw.

Take ANOTHER calibrated meter, and read the leads and shunt of the fluke, all seriesed together. The difference between what you read, and an ohm value that fall directly on a multiple or divisor of the number one is your error.

If it is 0.21 ohms (your earlier number, and an assumption of 0.1 for the shunt added together as they are when in use), you can have a

47.6% error at full scale reading.

It is NOT important. If one is going to do some examination to characterize it, however, one should do it correctly. That IS important.

If an actual *mere* (as in NOT important) approximation is all that is wanted, a little google of the maker of each of the components in the integrated system, and doing basic additive math will get one there.

That was referenced to early in the thread.

If any kind of readings are to be taken for an actual characterization, and time is to be spent, it should be spent correctly, not half assed, as that only gets one back to they guy that doesn't even know what you have saying "Oh... 200 Watts or so...".. Not too bright for the time spent.

Either you want to know, and find out as accurately as possible for the same time spent, or you guess, or you research all of the system components which were integrated into the system and do some simple math, or you piss and moan when someone "can't give you a straight answer" when they have no clue what components are integrated into your system.

Google works really well for manufactured goods... pretty much worldwide.

CDW is a good site for quoted specs. For shopping, I go there to find out about the product class and offerings, then search a pricing site to find the bargain purchase.

My new P95f+B has a 285MHz video Bandwidth! Thanks for the prime research CDW! Thanks for the sweet monitor Amazon!

Reply to
DarkMatter

The RoachBlower is whining about a top post again...Do you think Usenet hired him for this or could it be the "anal retentive" has his one inch in hand, a major bong load on his head and is just spewing the usual venom? One thing we can count on...the vocabulary will never exceed 20 or so words!

Reply to
Ross Mac

Have you ever run this experiment yourself?.... Try an amp clamp, then try a decent DMM with decent leads, the try your method and tell me if you aren't battling windmills again,QuixoteMatter, since the OP wanted an approximation... No wonder they call you DimBulb....

Reply to
Ross Mac

It happens at a lower level than the OS.... at least when Intel is Inside.

For lots of detail about power management:

YMMV if you're running AMD, etc.

Andy Grove and his Intel guys beg to differ.

I can fire up any CPU-intensive app and watch my Pentium temperature go up by 15 degrees in less than a minute.

Reply to
Charles Perrin

That is too easy but I have to agree...the original poster was just looking for a best guess...not a blow by blow current level reading...but such is usenet...enjoy it as it is!

Reply to
Ross Mac

I see the drugs are kicking in....enjoy until you pass out! And I am glad to see you are an expert at Ohms Law...now that's a tough one....I will sleep better to night, SnippetTroll, knowing that you can do simple arithmetic....

Reply to
Ross Mac

Can you spell ANAL RETENTIVE...... I would be willing to bet if you just used an amp clamp on most systems you would get a pretty good approximation of the current...but of course that would not suffice for AnalMatter....he wants to argue the remaining couple hundred milliamps...get over it RoachBoy....put down the bong....take a deep breath...and buy a clue!

Reply to
Ross Mac