Amperage pull of a computer?

He probably doesn't. But he's a pompous A__ that assumes too much about what people post. He apparently thought you suggested putting your current meter in parallel with the external shunt that he proposed. So he just couldn't wait to jump on that and show it would be inaccurate by up to 47.6% of scale (which, of course it would be very inaccurate).

He didn't stop to think that maybe, just maybe, you would hook the DMM current meter up correctly and get a respectably accurate reading *without* following his advice/method.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

Agreed!

Reply to
Ross Mac

That too is correct....my leads are 16 guage that I use on my Fluke 8062A and my Fluke 89. Perhaps he is suggesting that I am using a $10 radio shack meter??

Reply to
Ross Mac

That's what I see just looking at CPU Usage on Win2K. With the 4 apps I am running at the moment I see a couple of spikes at 90% or so, but in general the usage appears to be in the 9-17% range. My machine is a P4 1.6 just for the record.....

Reply to
Ross Mac

I will have to check those threads out too.... Hey, if I make a mistake, that's all it is. I just step up to the plate and say so. On the other hand, DM, wants to fight it out to the bitter end. At this point he is trying to rewrite the laws of Physics. I can't imagine sitting in with DM and several other engineers, brainstorming on a project. I pity his co-workers if he even fractionaly behaves like he does here...

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 03:29:01 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

Good for you retard boy. You probably don't know what gauge they are. Most are much bigger in diameter than standard wire, but I wouldn't expect a total retard like you to know or understand that.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:33:42 -0500, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

No. You are being reTARDED.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 03:38:08 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

I didn't flame him, you retarded dipass.

There is a conflict between the terms approximate, and measure, or is that to much for you to grasp in one day?

You have no clue. Obviously.

More troll baby bullshit form the troll bullshit baby.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:38:34 -0500, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

You're a goddamned idiot! I am not surprised, or impressed.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:46:34 -0500, Keith "Tard Boy" Williams Gave us:

Oh boy! I think yer full of shit, boy.

You couldn't teach yourself how to wipe your own ass.

I learn. Every day.

You're a goddamned idiot, KeithTard.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 03:51:38 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

If you had ANY clue, or even knew basic reading skills, you wouldn't have to ask this question, retard boy.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:51:56 -0500, Keith "Tard Boy" Williams Gave us:

SHOW ME WHERE I SAID I WAS ON NT.

YOU CANNOT.

FUCK YOU, KEITHTARD!

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:53:07 -0500, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

Less accurate than what, you lying f*ck!?

Precision shunts and direct readings are far more accurate than a DMM on current scales.

Got clue?

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:44:51 GMT, "daestrom" Gave us:

Wrong! The meter will have an inaccuracy in its current mode. PERIOD. One does NOT read current across a resistor, dingledorf!

I have already said this.

Current meter: inaccurate.

Voltage reading across precision shunt: VERY ACCURATE.

I NEVER said a goddamned thing about using the meter in current mode to take a reading ACROSS a resistor. You couldn't possibly be as retarded as the RossTard or the Keith Tard, so get your shit together, boy!

Reply to
DarkMatter

Impressive jargon!

Reply to
Ross Mac

Not Rocket Surgery BongBoy....it's on the label .....

Reply to
Ross Mac

Another post proving you lack the simplest electronic skills...And for your grammer and spelling...well...I will leave that to the NG to evaluate....

Reply to
Ross Mac

For your amusement and enjoyment (sorry for the folds):

From DimBulb's fingers:

...and this is the most *begin statement he made in the thread. Sorry for the wrap, but search on my ID and 100W (DimBulb has X- NoArchive set, so you're only going to find his gems by indirection). This was all in response to an off-handed comment of mine that a 100W lightbulb heated as much as a 100W heater, to which DimBulb objected (hence his moniker).

Be prepared to piss your pants.

Ditto, Ditto, and more of the same.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Translation: "I'm wrong, but too much of a momma's boy to admit it".

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

No, you didn't flame him...you insulted him....is that a better definition? You say I have no clue....I suspect you missed electronics 101...that would be ohms law and the power formula...pretty simple stuff mathematically speaking.....

Reply to
Ross Mac