An Odd Phenomenon?

This evening I noticed a curious thing: as I walked a little distance from a street light, the light went just about out. When I walked
closer to it, the light came fully back on. The scientist in me made me try this four or five times: each time I walked away, the light dimmed out Does anybody know what causes this curious effect?
Ron
Add pictures here
โœ–

a revival of 'candid camera'
Add pictures here
โœ–
Ron wrote:

Its hooked up to a motion detector?
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"ฉ

Hmmm, not a very good design feature for a street light... ;-)
Ron
Add pictures here
โœ–
Ron wrote:

Sure it is! i comes on, right after the wreck. :(
prove it.
โœ–

A courtesy feature the insurance companies definitely won't appreciate.
Ron
Add pictures here
โœ–
Ron wrote:

That's why motion detectors aren't in use.
prove it.
โœ–
Ron wrote:

You've started drinking again?
prove it.
โœ–
snipped-for-privacy@quik.com says...

Did you hear a celestial choir when the light lit up? :)
ns
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Feb 27, 9:03 pm, snipped-for-privacy@podunk2.com (northstar) wrote:

No. Did you ever hear of SLI?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_light_interference
Ron
Add pictures here
โœ–
says...

No. Did you ever hear of SLI?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_light_interference
Ron
It only seems to happens to me during the times I am downloading power from the ionosphere. It's a pesky side effect and I'm afraid the utilities will come after me for stealing energy.
Add pictures here
โœ–
snipped-for-privacy@nospammeadelphia.net says...

Tim,
It appears you are downloading during the more intense cosmoratic ray cycle. I've found that during full moon these rays are very intense (as picked up on my Chinese spectro-meter - operating at 3,463,862 and some megacycles). One can experience some odd effects during the intense period, and IMO these rays also account for the well known phenomenon of barking or howling at the moon.
ns
Add pictures here
โœ–
snipped-for-privacy@quik.com says...

Solar lumen interference (SLI) is a relatively common phenomenon and is related to cosmoratic rays. Please see my post to Tim Perry.
ns
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Feb 28, 2:37 pm, snipped-for-privacy@podunk2.com (northstar) wrote:

s.c> >om>,

I usually like engineers. Except now; I was hoping for a rational answer and I get moronic sthick. ;-(
Ron
Add pictures here
โœ–