An Odd Phenomenon?

This evening I noticed a curious thing: as I walked a little distance from a street light, the light went just about out. When I walked closer to it, the light came fully back on. The scientist in me made me try this four or five times: each time I walked away, the light dimmed out Does anybody know what causes this curious effect?

Ron

Reply to
Ron

a revival of 'candid camera'

Reply to
Tim Perry

Its hooked up to a motion detector?

Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

You've started drinking again?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Did you hear a celestial choir when the light lit up? :)

ns

Reply to
northstar

No. Did you ever hear of SLI?

Ron

Reply to
Ron

,

No. Did you ever hear of SLI?

Ron

It only seems to happens to me during the times I am downloading power from the ionosphere. It's a pesky side effect and I'm afraid the utilities will come after me for stealing energy.

Reply to
Tim Perry

Tim,

It appears you are downloading during the more intense cosmoratic ray cycle. I've found that during full moon these rays are very intense (as picked up on my Chinese spectro-meter - operating at 3,463,862 and some megacycles). One can experience some odd effects during the intense period, and IMO these rays also account for the well known phenomenon of barking or howling at the moon.

ns

Reply to
northstar

Solar lumen interference (SLI) is a relatively common phenomenon and is related to cosmoratic rays. Please see my post to Tim Perry.

ns

Reply to
northstar

I usually like engineers. Except now; I was hoping for a rational answer and I get moronic sthick. ;-(

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Hmmm, not a very good design feature for a street light... ;-)

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Sure it is! i comes on, right after the wreck. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A courtesy feature the insurance companies definitely won't appreciate.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

That's why motion detectors aren't in use.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell