Motors that give a good show

I've noticed that some motors are more impressive than others with the smoke, fire, and sound they produce. The first time I noticed this was when I flew a G80, personally I think it blows the doors off an H128 flight for getting a specator's attention. Another one that stands out is the H180. Anyone else find a particular motor more fun for people to watch light off? Always good to know these things for those times when you want to pull out a certain toy for best effect for newbees at a launch.

Chuck

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

G35

Reply to
Tweak

Reply to
Alex Mericas

H242 is nice and loud...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

F20 Econojet...

Can fly it at the neighborhood schoolyard.

"One rude little motor" S. McMurray

Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

By images of launches, zinc-sulphur propellant gives a lot of attractive b right-yellow flame.

Reply to
Vello

Ditto for the H238 .

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
nedtovak

F20-W Econojet all the way! Others are : Aerotech H123 & Aerotech J750W

*-----------------------* Posted at:
*-----------------------*
Reply to
Karl

The long gone Silver Streaks.

The about to lose certification F62.

The I357 blue thunder reload.

Bob Kaplow

I was just realizing that there aren't many BJ reloads for the small consumer reload casings. But I recall that when they first came out, the assembly instructions had you put the propellant grain of the motors with spacers at the delay end of the casing. In this configuration, even a WL reload (E16 for example) would produce black smoke. With the propellant at the nozzle end, you get the normal white lightning effect, thus the instruction change.

Bob Kaplow

E30 is surprisingly noisy.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

How about a sugar rush...

Jim Rutkowski Executive Chef

Jim

I435 in a rocket that doesn't go very high. I300 is a nice 'backup' option.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

H73J

Reply to
Phil Stein

I have only AT hardware and like the J540R (54/1280) myself. But it's a little more expensive than a G80 (: Larry Lobdell Jr.

Reply to
Larry Lobdell, Jr.

F-12 long long burn in a small estes rocket like a bull pup.

It just goes on forever.

Reply to
Arsbill

How hard is it to fit one of those into that rocket? Since there's no engine clip, it is simply friction fit?

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

experiance....and sometimes a good pliers

Reply to
tater schuld

F20 Econojet or any Redline...............mmmm fire is good!

Don Brown

Reply to
Don Brown

Well nothing beats an old F97 Century for a spectacular flight

Reply to
robot