National Model Rocket month?

I saw on a railroad group that November is Model Railroad month. Is there a similar thing for rockets(I couldn't find anything)? If there isn't, there

*should* be...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

Back when the market was bigger and more organized there was. The backbiting killed it.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Then let's do it again for 2005 - say, in May. What's wrong with re-creating it? Geez, I thought *I* was a cynic...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

I have told this story before but it bears repeating. In the 70's there was a major increase in the size of the model rocketry market. This was due in part to increased attention from the space program (exactly as seen today), a fairly well established regional club system (which is mmaller but more geographically diverse today), and an amazing level of cooperation and collegiality among manufacturers to the point they COOPERATED on degrgulation and setting the seeds for marketing successes.

I long for the return of those days and openly volunteer to lead the way among like minded manufacturers.

No gotchas.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine