Are moving-coil speakers & crossover networks inductive loads ?

I don't have a inductance meter, I suspect these 2 things are inductive, because a pair of capacitive ( 60 +ve & 60 -ve
wires are interwoven ) speaker cable ( made by UK's Monitor Audio in 1983 ) can produce less distortion from the same m-c spkrs & amplifier than straight ( not inter woven ) spkr cables can, such that FM broadcasts sounds more like CD`s. I presume this is because this cable's capacitance reduce m-c spkr & crossover networks' inductance, so power factor ( between amplifier & spkrs ) is nearer to 1. Does any1 here know better ?
TE Chea wrote:

I suggest that you refer that question to audiophile groups, where art reigns over science.
The effect of increasing speaker cable capacitance from a few tens of pF to a few hundreds, with an extremely low source and load impedance, is going to be infinitessimal.
Hence the need to go to audio groups where you will find people willing to pay a hundred quid for a speaker cable, because they believe it works better than a ten quid one..
Your problem isn't to do with induction, but intuition..
--
Sue

On 4/17/07 2:23 AM, in article 462497d7 snipped-for-privacy@news.tm.net.my, "TE Chea"

A speaker will have the equivalent of leakage reactance. Ideally, the air driven by the voice cone will generate an acoustic wave who's load shows up as resistance on the voice coil terminals. But speakers are not ideal.
For the crossover networks, it probably depends upon how implemented. Again, an ideal crossover will look resistive.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

1983? Your cables are dangerously worn, even if you have been interchanging them left-to-right channel every three years and reversing direction at least every 6 months, as I'm sure your manufacturer will tell you. You must replace them at once, else you might as well be listening to wax cylinders cranked by an arthritic monkey. .

Well, sure in a grossly simplified analysis, but if you are planning on listening to anything higher quality than an earpone plugged into a radio shaped like a fuzzy dog, you'll obviously need to consider Bessel functions of the Poitier reactance (an absolutely key concept to understanding the fundamental principles of audiophilia). .
When you ordered your cables, did you include the recommended sketch of the layout in your listening room, so that the cables can be properly compensated for the Hall effect on the electron transit time? Careless installers have been known to neglect the effect of the Earth's magnetic field; installing a properly compensated pair of East-West cables instead of the North-South variety will reveal new lucidity of the midrange and an appealing truculence of the base, as well as new confidence of the higher range.
But of course you knew all that.
Bill

Bill, have you considered politics as a career? You have the necessary talent.

remove the X to answer

reversing
will
planning on

Bessel
of
properly
Careless
magnetic
No, but I could write for audio magazines if I could keep my stomach from turning over....
Bill