1HP way under 746 watts

Info on Bob Teal's Magnipulsion brushless motor Can be made to any size.
Bob Teal missing interview: http://www.esmhome.org/library/bob-teal/index.html
You can now watch this on Youtube right on that page.
Bob Teal discussion forum about Electric Motor Secrets: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy /
Take care! Aaron
Info on Bob Teal's Magnipulsion brushless motor

Tell Mr. Teal to show us his engineering data and calculations. Power in, power out, etc.
His two patents only show that you can rotate a shaft using multiple solenoid coils and a crankshaft ( like the pistons of a car engine). They do not substantiate any energy claims.
His web site indicates that he has not been able to interest any major investors (I wonder why). Another perpetual energy scheme.
Ben Miller
--
Benjamin D. Miller, PE
B. MILLER ENGINEERING

Considering that modern (as well as early) motor design and function is among some of the most efficient we have (that's why trains use them), I don't think Mr. Teal will be enlightening anyone any time soon. Even our large form generators in power stations are as good as it gets.
It is easy to get miracle results if you omit that complicated science shit that ruins your conclusion....
So just discard any inefficiency or any scientific-type stuff that gets in the way of your conclusion before you start testing, and you will always end up with very efficient machines....
And you can easily then have cars that run on water, and magnets that align your motor molecules and get you great gas mileage, and machines that need no input to do work, and all kinds of great things...
and a horsepower that is not 746 watts, a foot that is not 12 inches, and a pi=4 for easier calculations.
it's that complicated science stuff that never works -- that's the real problem...
bat's blood and newt's tails --- now there's something you can trust in...
------
...and they breed, and they vote...
wrote in message

us:

Here, we call them "Mexifornians".
Hi Ben,
I'm not sure he is even alive anymore. That interview video clip is of an old news broadcast back in the 70's. That patent discusses NOTHING about energy recovery of the collapsing magnetic fields or high torque but the video demonstrates he knew about it and applied it.
Nothing to do with perpetual motion and it is under 100% efficient. On the page with the interview, there is a link to a DVD that shows a working duplication of a proof of concept and a full walk thru on the principles.
For anyone else, take it or leave it.

----------------------------
wrote in message

This sounds like the device that someone wanted to get support from Alberta Government resources about 20-30 years ago. Fortunately they asked Dr. Seguin of the electrical engineering department at the Univ of Alberta about it. It was rejected. Why? Not because it couldn't work but because it couldn't work well being very inefficient compared to normal motors. It was good for a coffee room laugh but not much more- hence the lack of support that Mr Teal got .
a) Why use a crankshaft if it is not necessary to have the added inefficiency and complications?
b) Energy recovery of inductive stored energy exists in any AC inductive device without adding the complexity of "recovery" schemes -it is inherent -The average power into an inductance is 0. Energy is being returned to the source. See any elementary text. If sequential DC pulsing is used then some energy recovery scheme may be of use- after all, a little more complexity won't hurt-as the dentist said.
c)If you want mechanical power out of an electric motor- you must have a back emf in one form or another- called a speed voltage- current alone is not enough. In fact a 0 speed voltage can be obtained at 0 speed- there then may be high torque and current but 0 mechanical power. As soon as the motor starts turning there will be a speed voltage.
d)There does appear to be a claim of 1HP out for 200 watts (even implied in the thread's title) which is effectively a claim for over 100% efficiency. I read it the same way as Ben did. Now 200 watts out for 746 watts(1HP) input for an efficiency of a lousy 27% may be closer to the truth.
--

I'll leave it. What puzzles me is that some take this device seriously.

=================Now having looked at the patent, it is not an AC device as I first assumed and sequential pulsing is being used.
My reaction on seeing the drawings is "what a piece of junk!" It is almost as if Mr Teal went out to make the most ineffective, inefficient and complex device that he could think of. Rube Goldberg would be proud.

remove the X to answer