australian electrical engineers discussion

Hi friends, I am searching for discussion forums similar to this one which are australia centred and where australian electrical engineers discusss their work. Any help appreciated. I am migrating there and need some techncal info so that I can be better prepared to settle there. Karl

Reply to
karl

aus.electronics

Reply to
Larry Ng

Do the underlying theories of electrical engineering change in Australia?

This is an international NG, or, rather, it is a NG for a topic that is independent of national boundaries.

It is the socially-acceptable mental illness of religion that changes dependent upon where you live or what your parents believed.

Electrical Eng> > I am searching for discussion forums similar to this one which are

Reply to
Ryan Breai

try

it has a healthy electrical section

Fads

Reply to
St Domingo

The vector direction resulting from a cross product goes the other way south of the equator.

;-)

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

A number of Australian enginers frequent

regards. Mark

Reply to
Mark Empson

Agreed but unfortunately the majority of posts here seem to relate to people in North America asking questions about domestic wiring for their homes in USA/Canada, or similar stuff not related to the fundamentals of electrical engineering per se (the rest of the world doesn't use the North American NEC). It's understandable that someone outside Nth America could wish for a similar forum that had 400/230V as the primary area of interest.

Reply to
Miles

If you are looking for a purely *electrical* forum (ie. not an electronics one), try:

.. otherwise, this is about it.

It is only through discussion of the silly wiring system that our friends and collegues in the "land that brought us Microsoft" must wrestle with, that I now appreciate how truly blessed we are over here. This is indeed the "Lucky Country"! ;-) :-)

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

You don't have to use it!

must wrestle with,

Then why are you here?

This is indeed

And you don't know 2-phase from shinola :-)

Reply to
BG

Pure Physics is truely an international Language, as is electrical engineering theory, but when it comes to applying that theory to a particular location we all answer to different codes, use differnt brand names , and sometimes we even use different words to describe the same thing, or the same word to describe different things. ( try going to your secretary and asking for some DUREX, which is "sticky tape" to us here in Australia, and a "condom" to you in the US) ( or, if you are feeling game, ask an Australian girl What Team she ROOTS for )

Admittadly, some of the topics raised here are "independent of national boundaries" as you say , But the majoritory by far, are related to national codes, and particualrly US and Canadian National Codes.

We have all accepted that a lot of North American expressions and codes proliferate here.......................... but do not mistake silence with agrement.

Bill Gates might have already won the "Computer language war" ( I still shudder when I see "Favorites" and "Color" ) but you should not expect the rest of the world to blindly fall in behind North America in everything else.

National Identity is something that all of us should cherish. without it, the world would not be the rich place it is now. ( I do admit, thou, that there would probably be a lot less conflict )

You are implying in your words that National differences, are "Make-Believe". I think That perhaps it is time you take a trip outside the US, or if you have, next time you go , open your "UNDERSTANDING" because an expression such as

"..................................... It is the socially-acceptable mental illness of religion that changes dependent upon where you live or what your parents believed............................."

displays your true ignorance of the world outside the boundries of North America.

Tom Grayson

Reply to
Tom Grqyson

Well said Tom. :-)

Reply to
Miles

| > Pure Physics is truely an international Language, as is electrical | > engineering theory, but when it comes to applying that theory to a | > particular location we all answer to different codes, use differnt brand | > names , and sometimes we even use different words to describe the same | > thing, or the same word to describe different things. ( try going to your | > secretary and asking for some DUREX, which is "sticky tape" to us here in | > Australia, and a "condom" to you in the US) ( or, if you are feeling game, | > ask an Australian girl What Team she ROOTS for ) | >

| > Admittadly, some of the topics raised here are "independent of national | > boundaries" as you say , But the majoritory by far, are related to | national | > codes, and particualrly US and Canadian National Codes. | >

| > We have all accepted that a lot of North American expressions and codes | > proliferate here.......................... but do not mistake silence with | > agrement. | >

| > Bill Gates might have already won the "Computer language war" ( I still | > shudder when I see "Favorites" and "Color" ) but you should not | expect | > the rest of the world to blindly fall in behind North America in | everything | > else. | >

| > National Identity is something that all of us should cherish. without it, | > the world would not be the rich place it is now. ( I do admit, thou, that | > there would probably be a lot less conflict ) | >

| > You are implying in your words that National differences, are | > "Make-Believe". | > I think That perhaps it is time you take a trip outside the US, or if you | > have, next time you go , open your "UNDERSTANDING" because an expression | > such as | >

| > "..................................... | > It is the socially-acceptable mental illness of religion that | > changes dependent upon where you live or what your parents | > believed............................." | >

| > displays your true ignorance of the world outside the boundries of North | > America. | >

| > Tom Grayson | | Well said Tom. :-) | |

Maybe, but after looking more closely at his address, I think he might be from the UK. ( smiling)

In any case, What has been said is said. I can't take it back. :o)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Grqyson