Battery holder for 4xAA?

But it needs to be end-fed with closing door. In other words, slide 2 cells in, next to each other, followed by 2 more. Latching door connects the ends of the last pair inserted.

so it'd be about 4-5 inches long and about 1.5-2 inches wide.

Everything I've seen so far is side-fed (those clip-in cell holders) which won't work for me.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC

The best you will find available for the hobbyist will be the type shown here as LIC505. You will have to locate a supplier in your neck of the woods if it suits.

Ross Herbert

Bulgin do some panel mount end loading holders. Keystone may also make some.

rob

Reply to
rob

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 02:45:11 -0800, Ross Herbert wrote (in article ):

Thanks for looking, but this is not what I mean.

I want a holder that is, basically, a rectangular tube, closed at one end. You slide 2 AA cells in, side by side, then another 2. Door closes up the open end, and completes the circuit.

Reply to
DaveC

I found a cheap book light at my town's recycling center. It's exactly what you want except it takes four C cells. It even has a power socket on it. The module containing the cells is connected to the book light via a power cable.

You might be able to find one that takes 4 AA cells. And toss the book light.

My 2 cents worth.

Al

Reply to
Al

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:00:53 -0800, DaveC wrote (in article ):

Like this:

----------- | | |

----------- | | |

-----------

A holder where the cells "clip in" would be acceptable, if there is a cover on the holder (cells must be entirely enclosed).

So far, none of the suggested solutions have this configuration *and* are enclosed.

Other ideas?

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:07:00 -0800, Al wrote (in article ):

Thanks, Al. Worth a few $$ at least!

I thought of hunting down an existing product, but didn't know where to start. A light does seem like a logical place.

Reply to
DaveC

What about a couple of 2-AA Radioshack clips and a long, narrow box?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:37:04 -0800, Rich Grise wrote (in article ):

Last resort is to assemble one like you suggest. First I thought I'd exhaust y'all by asking if there's a source for a single holder of 4x longitudinal form-factor.

Reply to
DaveC

Fabricate one yourself out of acrylic, it's reasonably easy to work with.

Reply to
James Sweet

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:50:16 -0800, James Sweet wrote (in article ):

Cylindrical cells in square enclosure ("rattle, rattle"); no fitting end cap to keep cells locked in. I'm all for custom design when necessary, but I think I'll first exhaust the possibility of finding an existing product that has this kind of holder that I can cannibalize.

Reply to
DaveC

Ahh, I just looked it up on the internet. Here is the battery case for the 4 C cells. I think the newer ones use white LEDs and the battery case is built into the product.

If the above url doesn't work, go to the zelco industries web site and search for "battery case."

Al

Reply to
Al

Try this from Digi-Key:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 02:45:11 -0800, Ross Herbert wrote

Reply to
Dave Holford

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:36:25 -0800, Dave Holford wrote (in article ):

Needs to be a fully-enclosed holder. Y'know, open the end door, drop in the cells, close it up again... That kinda' thing.

Reply to
DaveC

So, get a piece of 1 1/2" PVC pipe and drop it in. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You can get acrylic tubing... I agree though that it will likely be easier to cannibalize one.

Reply to
James Sweet

More like these?

Wes.

Reply to
Wes.

I just went to a demo of a CAD program this afternoon. The subject of the demo was a little book light which the instructor said held 4 AA cells. I can't be sure, but it looked to me like it was too small to be C cells, and the arrangement was exactly what you're asking about.

This book light consisted of a clip-on battery compartment with the lamp on a stalk that you could rotate into position above your book.

If that product actually exists, it might have just what you're looking for.

-

Jim Adney

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Jim, you didn't read the requirements. All of the ones I saw on the that web page are open. He wants the cells to be out of sight, out of mind. Once in a blue moon, I see them for sale surplus.

Al

Reply to
Al