cadence on x86 question

Hi,
I'm working at an Engineering start up, helping them roll out the engineering workstations. We've more or less decided about Cadence
on Linux/AMD. My question is: does anyone in this group have experience working on a specific platform with Cadence/Linux that has proven reliable over the past months (or longer)? I'm interested in motherboard type, CPU's, RAM, Linux distribution choice and version and any other pertinent information. My managers want anecdotal evidence that this is really going to work before we proceed. I really appreciate any help. Feel free to email it or post it: I'm not sure that anyone else is interested in this topic.
-- john
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
John Newman wrote: