Can someone explain this ? Induction problems.

I'm trying to get a current from an induction coil. For some reason the multimeter seems fine when I slide the magnet over by hand but as soon as I put them on a disc and rotate it at around 500rpm I get basically nothing. Some numbers

I've seen 48mv by hand and 0.01 - .05mv with rotation. Its setup N S N S N S ... with 12 N48 1/2" magnets.

Eric

Reply to
ewitte

It is hard to understand exactly what you are talking about. My guess is that you are 500 rpm you are getting ac out which averages zero when mechanically filtered by your equipment. Put a bridge rectifier on the output of your coil and try again.

Bill

Reply to
<salmonegg

That could be possible. I do see variations between positive and negative when I set it to AC.

Reply to
ewitte

Thanks. I put on a bridge rectifier and it reads about .5v per coil (tiny things). I still don't understand why it did not pick anything up with the mm set to AC.

Eric

Reply to
ewitte