Can someone see this site, and explain the concept better?

Hi. I'm interested to learn more about induction motors. Could someone please see the following site and explain it better, or point me to another site that may explain it better for me to understand?

Thanks, Roger

Reply to
dotellit

Looks OK to me, why not go down to the library and pick out an author who writes in a style that you find better ? Possibly it would pay to study the basic electrical theory first ??

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Seaping rectum?

Reply to
Goatse Man

: >

: > Thanks, Roger : >

: : Seaping rectum? : : Another morph of monuMENTAL proportions showing monuMENTAL ignorance and inability to live in within a society's norms.

Reply to
Pop

Do you know how a transformer works? An induction motor is essentially a transformer which has a secondary winding (shorted) that can turn. It is easier to first look at a 2 or 3 phase machine where it can be shown (a bit long for an e-mail) even by a hand waving approach, that a rotating magnetic field can be set up by stator currents. If there is a speed difference between the rotor and this field - there will be voltages induced in the rotor which causes currents which in turn cause a rotor magnetic field which is not aligned with the stator field (but turns at the same speed) and tries to get aligned, so torque is produced. The rotor itself turns at a speed which is smaller than the speed of the stator field so is said to slip. In a way the induction motor is an electrical equivalent of a fluid transmission - there is always some slippage and this increases as the torque demand increases. The torque production is based on the same principles as in a DC machine but the induction motor is much simpler. I do have some notes but they do involve some math and AC circuit theory.

Reply to
Don Kelly

Real Friendly Neighborhood Vote Ranger wrote in= =0D=0Amessage ... =0D=0A=0D=0A> I cna tpye 300w= rods per mniuet~!=0D=0A=0D=0ABooger wakes embezzler.=0D=0A

Reply to
YINGbot