Can someone id this lathe ?

Just off the top of my head, it looks a bit like a MonoFao 180EA, made by Antonio Anselmi of Paddua, Italy.

Just guessin' though....

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

It looks like you are right.. The only truble is that it is wery hard to get hold of the service/operating manual for that lathe.

I need too adjust the clutch/gear system, because the lathe head does not stand still in neutral in lover gears.

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" skrev i melding news:hQYNf.53051$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

Reply to
Hveem

Vrrrroooooommm! (sound of airplane buzzing Hveem's head)

(wash out all the old grease in the head, and replace with fresh, "non-sticky" grease that's _probably_ dragging the spindle around, even with the clutch disengaged) (could be varnished bushings in/around the clutch, too)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

That lathe uses oil lubrikation, no grease in there. I checked the type of oil, and it is correct. Maybe the tension on the clutsch needs too be adjusted? I can get it to stand still if i move the engagement lever a bit below neutral. It is a bit annoying to fiddle with tah lever everithime i need to adjust or move something. I always use to turn the electric motor off.

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" skrev i melding news:RbZNf.53054$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

Reply to
Hveem