Obsolete Kohler plumbing fixtures

Does anyone have a source for new, but obsolete, Kohler plumbing faucets? We're looking for a shower valve with Alterna handles, brushed chrome.

Thanks for any tips you may be able to provide.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Hey Harold,

Mind you, it was as a walk-in customer, but these guys have a lot of knowledge and have been helpful to me with "old stock" (not antiques) in the past. They are good about suggesting alternatives or other suppliers too.

Unfortunately, I don't live close enough anymore to just drop in and ask for you, so here's the contact info.

Veterans Plumbing 276 Wyandotte St. E. Windsor, Ontario. N9A 3H4

1-519-256-4947

Windsor is due south of Detroit, and three hours ahead of you, time-wise.

Good Luck.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I doubt they have a website, but there is a place in town here that probably has washers, seats and oem handles for the first ever made faucets....Its incredible on the amount of old oddball stuff they have. The store is nothing but stems, sleeves, cartridges, washers, and handles, replacement spouts etc for kitchen and bath fixtures.Even the two folks that work in there must have been here since the advent of the faucet.

Its called Capitol Plumbing Supply, Montgomery, AL.

Its about the only store here that has old time roots as well as stock.

Reply to
Roy

I had some luck directly with Kohler in getting an Alterna valve body and some other parts for my 20 year old shower faucets. A complete fixture may be a lot harder.

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

Reply to
ed_h

Harold, I don't think you ever saw my shop in the old house I grew up in. That house was something. It had 35 rooms and was located on North Capitol Hill in Seattle. Long gone, sadly. Anyway, we did a few remodels in there and that house had real high end plumbing fixtures from like 1900. There was zero hope of finding new faucets or anything like that. I'm mostly posting to say that we were able to find new modern faucets that reproduced the old look really well, and worked perfectly once installed. However, my sister is a pro interior designer and she had a million catalogs we could look through and tons of connections. I think your solution may be out there but slightly different from what you're precisely looking for.

Grant Erwin

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Harold

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

I dealt with these people 21 years ago and was fully satisfied. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller