Please someone explain pump rates

what does 20 ul/MIN mean

what litre rate is this...as decimal ...no idea what the "U" means

and see this pump ... does syncro motor mean i have to have some alternative means to control the speed of this ..

All the best.mark

Reply to
mark

Presumably microlitre (millionths of a litre), the proper symbol is the small Greek letter 'mu'

1 ul is .000001 l, so 20 will be .00002 l

It'll only run at synchronous speed for the supply frequency.

HTH Tim

Tim Leech

Here you are

µl = microlitre

(ALT + 230)

Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech

µ ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Its the noise a cat makes

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Ideally suited for a coolant pump on a small lathe. :-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

OK thankyou TIM

you sure it has that many zero's in it ..?

so 20 ul/MIN TO 220 ML/MIN

would translate to

0=2E012 litres an hour ...to 13.2 litres an hour

seems a hell of a range ..

that covers the range I'm after ...even theough My MIN range is something like

100 ml an hour

and max is 3 litres an hour

and the collapsible silicon tubes in them.

will they handle old engine oil laced with a bit cellulose thinners.

All filtered of course.

and where can i buy the tube ...by the metre ...cheap

other than scrounging from hospitals and the kidney failure folk :)

Yup John ...not every body has =B5 on their key boards .....so everywhere on the net its printed as just "U" ...that's if it does mean that .

All the best.mark

Reply to
mark

OK thankyou TIM

you sure it has that many zero's in it ..?

so 20 ul/MIN TO 220 ML/MIN

would translate to

0.012 litres an hour ...to 13.2 litres an hour

seems a hell of a range ..

that covers the range I'm after ...even theough My MIN range is something like

100 ml an hour

and max is 3 litres an hour

and the collapsible silicon tubes in them.

will they handle old engine oil laced with a bit cellulose thinners.

All filtered of course.

and where can i buy the tube ...by the metre ...cheap

other than scrounging from hospitals and the kidney failure folk :)

Mark, silicone tubing is pretty resistant to many solvents, should handle old oil OK but not 100% sure about cellulose thinners. The tubing is used for fuel lines on model IC engines so you should easily be able to buy it in a decent model shop. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

The standard silicone tube, cant remember the trade name, used in peristeltic dosing pumps will not stand neat petrol or mineral oils, I know from experience, so engine oil might not be the best fluid. Generally they are used for aqueous solutions and will withstand organic fats & oils, but not mineral oils. Peristaltic pumps used to pump live fish at exhibitions by the way ! Mark G.

OK thankyou TIM

you sure it has that many zero's in it ..?

so 20 ul/MIN TO 220 ML/MIN

would translate to

0.012 litres an hour ...to 13.2 litres an hour

seems a hell of a range ..

that covers the range I'm after ...even theough My MIN range is something like

100 ml an hour

and max is 3 litres an hour

and the collapsible silicon tubes in them.

will they handle old engine oil laced with a bit cellulose thinners.

All filtered of course.

and where can i buy the tube ...by the metre ...cheap

other than scrounging from hospitals and the kidney failure folk :)

Yup John ...not every body has µ on their key boards .....so everywhere on the net its printed as just "U" ...that's if it does mean that .

All the best.mark

Reply to
Mark G

Dunno where you can get the tube from, but it lasts a long time in these pumps, we use a similar one at work that runs continuously (24/7) at say 10rpm (water based soln through silicone tube) and all we do is advance the tube to the next unused section every couple of months, only change the hose itself it it goes in at an angle and gets mangled, or once it's all been used

Stu G

Reply to
stooby-doo

That depends on what John throws at it!

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

it at?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

found this one for now ...pics of pump ,burner dish ...and trial.

delivers ...min 1/2 litre an hour max 6 litres an hour ...self primes ...and pressurises line .... will see how long it lasts ..

tests underway ... quite successful so far ...

should have full central heating within a week or so ..

funny how things like electric bills and tumble driers breaking down ...and other bills put you into full out emergency construction mode.... tumble dryer ...could not dry my clothes ..I .used to dry them on rads ... electric bills ...from tumble dryer .. other bills are for the latest paraffin that has so much duty avoiding yellow die in it ,...that it ruins wicks after two weeks ...and paraffin heaters don't heat rads ..and now consume wicks like they were going out of fashion. so had to get into top gear on this problem.

paraffin heaters in the house was a stop gap-thing that lasted 5 years. !!

surprisingly efficient if run 24/7 ...and cheaper than any other form of heating ...that's till now !

All the best.mark

Reply to
mark

Whatever happened to Esso Blue?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Yes, that's a hell of a range. 220 Ml/min translates to 13,200 million litres/hour. What power does this pump take?

Perhaps you meant 220 ml/min!

Sorry!

Russell.

Reply to
russell eberhardt

The Blealer died !

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

don't know but ...

This is working out really well.

yesterday ...had it fired up....going flat out ...was using about a litre an hour.

all rads boiling.........and i could make the pipes start knocking if i turned it up more

and this is the view with the old top loading hopper, door open on the parkray

glass on the front of fire....lower half of pic was sooted up from experiments earlier in the day.

This is as smokey as I could get it...no more than a coal fire ....I later solved that ...and now is quite clear.....pump and drip feed will make it even more efficient when I put them in place .

what i like ...is because all this oil costs nowt ...is that i will be able to put a couple of insulated pipes over to my workshop and heat that too.

chuffed to bits ..

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark