CCFL voltage and drive circuitry?

If one wanted to drive several CCF lamps from line voltage, from what I've been able to gather, all that would be needed would be a HV transformer (CCFL's run on 800-plus volts?), a ballast cap, and a series resistor.

Of course, if some means to dim a lamp were desired, additional circuitry would be needed.

If anyone knows of a tutorial or application information for CCFL's, I'd be pointed in their direction.

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC