Computer Question - Video out from a REAL or WMP file?

I have some REAL Player and Windows Media Player files that I would like to convert to (NTSC) Video. It doesn't have to be perfect broadcast quality video. Just good enough to record from on a VHS or external DVD recorder. I have an old Win 98 PC with a Winov Videum card that has a video input only - no video output.

Can anyone recommend the least expensive way to do this with reasonable quality? It would seem I would need another board of some sort to do the conversion... Or are there other options?

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

As far as I know your going to need a new card with video out or software and drive to burn VCD's or DVD's. A friend tried this for his kids. They were a little young and it was to complicated for them. Wifey could not get the hang of it either.

I personally have given up on Real anything. I hate their software and my burners/software will not recognize the files.

Reply to
SQLit

The easy way is to buy a TV out card. They are cheap on Ebay sometime. You just have to be a little patient and don't bid the farm on the first one you see. The best kind are the ones that "TV out" before the driver loads.

Reply to
Gfretwell

My recommendation is to burn the files onto a VCD/DVD and if the person who is going to use the VCD/DVD only has a VHS machine, get them a $50 DVD player. They may need an RF converter for the DVD player to work on an older TV but for $80 and no fuss, I think you have your solution.

Sincerely,

Donald L. Phillips, Jr., P.E. Worthington Engineering, Inc.

145 Greenglade Avenue Worthington, OH 43085-2264

snipped-for-privacy@worthingtonNSengineering.com (remove NS to use the address)

614.937.0463 voice 208.975.1011 fax

Don Phillips