Cooper Prices Up again

I really don't know why does the cooper prices raise up and down in the markets?
tks magic

magic wrote:

Demand would have increased following the loss of the Napoli:
http://www.eastdevon.gov.uk/index/your_council/news_and_press_releases/napoli_news/shipwreck_photos1.htm
A lot of the pictures on this page show how the cooper demand will have shot up to provide replacements for that lost in the shipwreck.
;)
--
Sue

Palindrome wrote:

http://www.eastdevon.gov.uk/index/your_council/news_and_press_releases/napoli_news/shipwreck_photos1.htm
lol - you've got 'em over a barrel!
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 21:13:08 +0100, " cupra"

A cooper barrel!
No... they're "Pressurized Furkins".
In the UK there are not many traditional "Coopers" left, due to the extensive use of aluminium kegs. The few that are left are employed by the smaller brewers that produce real ale. Therefore the cost of hiring a cooper must rise due to the small number of them that are around.
BillB
snipped-for-privacy@abc.net wrote:

Not all. Some have taken to making furniture that *looks* like it has been made from old wooden barrels. We have such a workshop nearby - complete with a very noisy "distressing" machine..
They even do a small one* for the kids.. Awww...
*barrel seat, not distressing machine, unfortunately..
--
Sue

Who the fuck is cooper?
message Gave us:

This is an electrical group. He was obviously referring to Cooper Industries in Houston, TX.
On 4/21/07 11:37 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, "magic"

The wood for making barrels and kegs is getting harder to find.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.
Gave us:

Billshit!
OAK, which is what OAK CASKS and BARRELS are made from is a very common, prevalent wood.
MassiveProng wrote:

i dont want to be a wise ash nor do i wish to beech about the topic least it branch out in all directions forcing most people to leaf but i arbor a deep rooted desire to conifer the true nature of trees, to wit: they are natures lightning rods.
i think i can safely say, without going out on a limb, or suffer accusations of being nuts, that pining about deforestation is a fruitless endeavor.
i don't beleive in reading plams or poplar misconceptions, but yew may go fir if you go off the beaten teak. not that i give a fig. if you have the balsa to birch this post you can join the club and sumac.
Gave us:

Nor do I, but I put the word "I" in caps where I'm from, and we don't make barrels out of as many woods here as perhaps in your neck of the woods.
Put that in your plam pipe and smoke it.
Gave us:

Go take a dump on stinging nettles. Remember to actually sit on them.
On 4/23/07 5:38 PM, in article 462d5189$0$18840$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com,

I like this response. I wish more sprouts wood prune their missives better.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.
Salmon Egg wrote:

Maybe they should start making them out of copper.
Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

Heaven's No! Haven't you seen how expensive copper is now?
I wonder why that is.... ;)
--
Sue

Palindrome wrote:

But is it nearly as high as cooper prices?

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:52:09 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."

Cooper, dude! COOPER. Get it right, man!
SuperM wrote:

You're just a barrel of laughs. ;-)