Cooper Prices Up again

I really don't know why does the cooper prices raise up and down in the markets?

tks magic

Reply to
magic

Demand would have increased following the loss of the Napoli:

A lot of the pictures on this page show how the cooper demand will have shot up to provide replacements for that lost in the shipwreck.

;)

Reply to
Palindrome

On 21 Apr 2007 11:37:22 -0700, magic Gave us:

Who the f*ck is cooper?

Reply to
MassiveProng

lol - you've got 'em over a barrel!

Reply to
cupra

The wood for making barrels and kegs is getting harder to find.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

"MassiveProng" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

This is an electrical group. He was obviously referring to Cooper Industries in Houston, TX.

Reply to
W²

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 21:13:08 +0100, " cupra" Gave us:

A cooper barrel!

No... they're "Pressurized Furkins".

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 21:21:09 GMT, Salmon Egg Gave us:

Billshit!

OAK, which is what OAK CASKS and BARRELS are made from is a very common, prevalent wood.

Reply to
MassiveProng

In the UK there are not many traditional "Coopers" left, due to the extensive use of aluminium kegs. The few that are left are employed by the smaller brewers that produce real ale. Therefore the cost of hiring a cooper must rise due to the small number of them that are around.

BillB

Reply to
billb

Not all. Some have taken to making furniture that *looks* like it has been made from old wooden barrels. We have such a workshop nearby - complete with a very noisy "distressing" machine..

They even do a small one* for the kids.. Awww...

*barrel seat, not distressing machine, unfortunately..
Reply to
Palindrome

Reply to
Long Ranger

i dont want to be a wise ash nor do i wish to beech about the topic least it branch out in all directions forcing most people to leaf but i arbor a deep rooted desire to conifer the true nature of trees, to wit: they are natures lightning rods.

i think i can safely say, without going out on a limb, or suffer accusations of being nuts, that pining about deforestation is a fruitless endeavor.

i don't beleive in reading plams or poplar misconceptions, but yew may go fir if you go off the beaten teak. not that i give a fig. if you have the balsa to birch this post you can join the club and sumac.

Reply to
TimPerry

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:38:49 -0400, "TimPerry" Gave us:

Nor do I, but I put the word "I" in caps where I'm from, and we don't make barrels out of as many woods here as perhaps in your neck of the woods.

Put that in your plam pipe and smoke it.

Reply to
SuperM

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:38:49 -0400, "TimPerry" Gave us:

Go take a dump on stinging nettles. Remember to actually sit on them.

Reply to
SuperM

Maybe they should start making them out of copper.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I like this response. I wish more sprouts wood prune their missives better.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Heaven's No! Haven't you seen how expensive copper is now?

I wonder why that is.... ;)

Reply to
Palindrome

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:52:09 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." Gave us:

Cooper, dude! COOPER. Get it right, man!

Reply to
SuperM

All metals like Copper, Aluminum, Nikel, Silver and etc............ Its' prices will go up and down depend on the market and resources. Recently China export alot of electrical and electronic items, thus the demand is very High!!!!!!!!!!!

william fu

Reply to
William Fu

There was an interesting interview with a director of one of the large mining companies yesterday on the BBC World Service. He was talking about some of the issues that are affecting his industry, largely as a consequence of the extremely rapid increase in demand of metal ores for growth in China. In some cases this has gone up by 10-fold in 4 years. The industries which supply the mining companies with equipment just cannot ramp up like that with no warning. For example, there is currently a very serious world shortage of the giant tyres used on large mining trucks, cranes, diggers, etc. His company gets through 6,000 such tyres a year. This is such an issue for them that in a move to try and get some extra life out of their tyres, they have recently resurfaced all the roadways in their mines.

Sorry, I didn't catch the name of the guy or his company, but the issues he was raising were apparently industry-wide.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel