Design - Simulation UNIX Software

See there is a slight issue in the world. Look as I might I cannot find anything similar to PSCAD

for the *Nix platform. This is a crime for all intents and purposes. I've seen a few other vendors but most all are Windows only and this isn't workable. For a startup I'm putting together we rely on Pro/Engineer for physical design and verification, Comsol Femlab for FEA, but where oh where is the needed HV Layout/Design/Simulation package on *Nix operating systems. PSCAD says it's developed on a multiplatform GUI toolkit, so porting it to *Nix would be trivial. Yay! Problem is, they don't seem to be too interested in porting at the moment. Matlab with SimPowerSystems looks as if it would be suitable, but no freely accesible demo hinders testing (registration for evaluation purposes is complete bullshit, period. If it were automated, fine, but speaking to a person to be "approved"... no. Defeats the purpose of using machine automation to remove redudant and costly "things")

So, quite simply, does anyone know of *Nix software for this? I'm sure it must exist, I just cannot find it on the Internet anywhere. I'm expecting around ~$1K per seat.

Thanks people.

Reply to
The Never

Well I can only assume from the overwhelming response that either no one knows, or doesn't care to answer.

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
The Never

don't care.